In addition to being absolutely delicious, yogurt has some pretty amazing health benefits.
- Yogurt is great for better skin, thanks to the lactic acid it contains. Try this home beauty exfoliation treatment. Stir together 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 3 drops of olive oil. Spread onto face, let sit for 20 minutes, rinse off, and pat skin dry.
- Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria (probiotics) that can help aid with digestion. Look for yogurt that contains, at least, one billion colony-forming units (CFUs) of live cultures. You can find this information at the websites of yogurt brands.
- Fat-free and low-fat yogurt may help reduce the risk of high blood pressure, thanks to its high levels of calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Three great reasons why you should be adding yogurt to your grocery list. Here are some ways to use yogurt more often in your cooking.
- Complement lemony shrimp with a yogurt-cilantro-cumin-salt dip.
- Instead of using whipped cream on desserts, use yogurt.
- Mix up some raita - a yogurt-based sauce - for tandoori chicken..
- Make parfaits by layering yogurt, fruit, and granola.
- Whip up a fresh and flavorful smoothie using yogurt as a base.
- Instead of sour cream, add a dollop of yogurt to soups.
- Add yogurt to pancake batter for moist and fluffy flapjacks.
- Make cakes even more decadent by adding yogurt into the recipes.
- Instead of using mayo in sandwiches use yogurt.
And don't stop with the list above, because you can incorporate yogurt into dishes in so many ways!